We are Professionals Dedicated to Arizona's Water!
AZ Water is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization founded in 1928 with a membership of 2,200 water/wastewater professionals dedicated to preserving and enhancing Arizona's water environment.
Although AZ Water is an independent organization, it also serves as the Arizona section of the American Water Works Association (AWWA) and the Arizona member association of the Water Environment Federation (WEF).
The AZ Water Association is committed to:
Career Advancement for Water Professionals
Provide education, training, networking opportunities, and leadership programs to help water professionals advance their careers and build trust, inside and outside the industry.
Enhancing the Human Resources Available to the Industry
Help the industry recruit talent sufficient to meet its needs
High Quality Water and Public Health
Support the industry in ensuring that Arizona’s water resources are consistently safe
Future Water Certainty for Arizona Water Consumers
- Help industry professionals ensure that people have highly reliable water resources
- Have a long-term view – An emphasis on sound resource and infrastructure planning
- Be advocates for protecting and enhancing Arizona’s natural environment
- Be advocates for ensuring that there is appropriate water for the environment
Increasing the Financial Resources Dedicated to Water and the Environment
- Be advocates for appropriate and continued investment in water resources, watersheds, water quality and water infrastructure
- Provide resources and training designed to help water and wastewater utilities constantly increase their efficiency.
Collaboration and Public Outreach
- Encourage networking and collaboration with related organizations, stakeholders, and in our communities
- Help the industry effectively communicate important water issues to the public